Top 23 Instagram statistics for the year 2019
Instagram is a social media application that was mainly developed to share professional photography. However, eventually the trend of Instagram caught on and today we see that Instagram has 1 billion users worldwide and 500 million users on a daily basis and it is due to this presence of world wide users that various brands are realising the importance of being on this social media platform.
It should however be kept in mind, that only social media presence is not going to be enough for a brand to make itself popular. It depends on what, when and how they post and what is it that they are targeting.
Now the question arises as to what constitutes a 'smart' post that will Garner the attention of the users of Instagram? Well, this is where the statistics come in. Knowing instagram statistics can help ensure that a brand knows what exactly they need to post to garner the most amount of attention. The statistics can range from the use of emoji to the length of the captions to the colour dominance etc etc.
Top 23 Instagram statistics of 2019
As mentioned above statistics are very helpful as it can ensure that brands are able to put up posts in such a manner that will Garner the most out of interest out of the users. Below are mentioned the top 23 Instagram statistics of the year 2019.
- There has been quite a growth in the number of active users of Instagram from the year 2013 to 2018. In the year 2013, there were 90 million active users of Instagram however in 2018 the number of active users increased to 1 billion.
- Instagram has the most number of active users in comparision to other social media sites. As mentioned above, it has 1 billion users. other sites such as Twitter(326 million), Pinterest(250 million) and snapchat (150 million), do not have have even half of Instagrams active users.
- The number of online adults on Instagram has grown 400% than as it was calculated in the year 2012.
- It has been predicted that between the years 2016 to 2020, Instagram will add 26.9 million users which is more than double the amount predicted for Twitter.
- Close to 72% of teenagers use Instagram. This number has grown 20% from the year 2015.
- In the year, it was seen that 35% of Instagram users were adults. This number has increased from 26% from the year 2014.
- 71% of people on Instagram are between the age of 18 to 24. This number has also increase from 37% in the year 2013.
- 60% of the Instagram users use the social media platform daily out of which 55% are people between the ages of 18 to 24. This also increased from 51% as was in the year 2016.
- Businesses on Instagram get 37% of their crowd from Instagram. Even if they just post their dealing as a story and not publish them on their feed.
- 8 out of the 15 most followed brands of Instagram are in the retail business.
- 80% of users of Instagram follow at least one page which is a business account.
- It was also noted that the most followed pages on instagram were on higher education, followed by sports and the non profits.
- By the end of the year 2018, it was noted that more than 100 million videos and photos are shared on Instagram on a daily basis.
- It was also noted that the photos which showed faces were 38% more liked by people than those pictures which had no faces.
- A study of 8 million Instagram pictures concluded that posts with one dominant colour were 17% more liked than pictures which has more than one dominant colour.
- It was also recorded that posts which had blue as the predominating colour were liked 24% more than posts which had red as a predominant colour.
- When videos were introduced by Instagram in the year 2013, more than 5 million videos were shared within the span of 24 hours.
- According to a study posts which had hastags between 9 to 12 generated more interest than by any other number of hashtags.
- In a study of 55 brands that were present on instagram, all the brands posted at least once in 1.5 days.
- The most common frequency of posting on Instagram ranges from 11 to 20 posts per month and various companies fall under this category as well.
- In a study of 100 brands, 90% of them were on Instagram and 80% of them post at least once or twice per week.
- Again in the study of 100 brands present on Instagram, the enaggement of the brands has increased close to 50% per year.
- The most followed account apart from Instagrams own account is Christians Ronaldo's followed by Selena Gomez.
The above mentioned are 23 top Instagram statistics. Some statistics are food for thought whereas some showcase the kind of traffic that Instagram has and how your business's presence on the social media site can be beneficial to your business. For more details on how Instagram can help your businesses grow, this website who sells instagram panel reseller smm services